When you are writing a qualified ad title you need to consider the search engines that will be indexing your ad and the people who will be searching for your item. Your title needs to cater to both the search engines and people in a fashion that will get you noticed as much as possible.
Consider this – classified sites have a search feature where those using the site can type in a keyword for the item they are searching for. They may type in furniture or desk or camera or canon – you never know if they will be general or specific.
Here are 7 tips for writing an ad title that will get your listing notified.
1. Ask yourself what your item is and what people might search for when they are looking for it. As an example, if you are selling a Canon Digital Camera you need to tell people what you have. They may search by Canon or Camera or Digital Camera. Simply creating a title like “Camera for Sale” is not going to land you those extra searches.
2. Be descriptive about the condition of your item. Going back to the camera, you could say “Canon Digital Camera, Like New.”
3. Be clear about the brand. As you have seen in the first two recommendations, people will search by the brand they are seeking. Always include the brand of the item, whether the item is a toy, furniture, appliance or odd item, including the product brand means you'll get that extra traffic that searches by brand.
4. Use all of the space you have in the title. Some classified sites limit the length of the title of your listing, but you should utilize all of that space and fill it with possible keywords. Back the camera …. “Canon Digital Camera, 10 MP, Like New, LCD Display, Camera Bag.”
5. Always include a price and / or location if the classified site allows it. Although this is not in your title, it will show up near your title beside your listing. You will want to make sure you include as much information as possible to help people determine if you are close enough to them and to avoid any emails or calls from those who are to far away.
6. Finally, always double check your spelling in your title. If you misspell the words in your title people may not be able to locate your item when they search for it. If you are not sure if you spelled something correctly, type it into a document document and run spell check.
Be sure to use these steps to creating a great title for your classified ad and you'll see more success with your listings.