Following are ten steps that will start you on the path to achieving true success:
1) EXPRESS GRATITUDE : It is important to take inventory of the blessings in your life and appreciate all that you have. Why? Because nothing new and good can come into your life unless you're grateful for what you already have. There is so much we should all be grateful for that we take for granted. Start each day by giving thanks to God for at least ten things that are going well in your life. Count your blessings and enjoy them. Live in the present moment and appreciate the success you've already achieved. Before going to sleep each night, make a habit of focusing on at least three things that went well during the day, relive them and express appreciation.
2) GET CLEAR ON YOUR VISION : Paint a picture of the life you desire. Let your imagination take over and open your heart to receive insight on what a truly successful life looks and feels like for you. Ask yourself questions such as: Where and how would I like to live? How would my body look and feel? What are my unique gifts and talents? How can I best use them to add value to the world? What brings me joy? What would my relations be like? Your mind is the most potent form of energy you possess. The Law of Attraction is based on the theory that we shape our destiny with our thoughts and our feelings. Whatever you talk about, think about, focus on and dwell on, will draw more of the same to you. How do you view the future shapes what you do in the present. By allowing yourself to vividly visualize the life you desire, you open the door to manifesting your dreams.
3) SET GOALS: Once you have clearly defined your vision, it's important to set goals. By doing so, you build a blueprint to realize your dreams. Unfortunately most people skip this step, because they become overwhelmed with the how. You do not need to know how, but you have to know where you're going; the way will always be shown. Be willing to step out of your comfort zone, take action and take risks. Goals should be big, bold, endeavors that get you excitedly excited every time you think of them. Write them down and list all the benefits that will come to you as a result of achieving your goals. Put together a detailed action plan with target dates and follow through. When setting goals it is essential to evaluate them frequently and allow them to change and evolve as you do. Do not force them to happen. Trust that whatever is necessary to reach your goal will occur at the right time. Live by the principle, “Let Go and Let God!”
4) BECOME AWARE : Your attitudes, perceptions and core beliefs along with your emotional patterns can limit your experience of success. Through life we have acquitted false beliefs of our potential and unconsciously hold feelings of unworthiness, fear, and lack. Release all negative emotions including doubt, and start living with positive expectation. The moment you become consciously aware of negative feelings and recognize the limitations that are standing in your way, you gain control of the choices you make.
5) LET GO OF THE PAST : Through life, everyone has unexpected things happened to them. It's time to allow emotional wounds to heal, and stop feeling sorry for your undesirable outcomes. Do not allow past failures or set-backs to discourage you or cloud your vision. The Law of Cause and Effect states that everything happens for a reason. See them as learning experiences, events that were necessary for your spiritual growth and character development. If you want to be free, release the past, forgive those who have hurt you, forgive yourself and do not look back. Change the channel and focus on the good things in your life.
6) FOLLOW YOUR INTUITION : One of the best friends you can ever have is your own intuition. You can avoid a great deal of trouble and heartache if you start listening to that still small voice within. Spend quiet time alone and search your heart. Deep inside your spirit you know what is right and true for you. Be open to divine guidance and listen to what you hear. Your intuition is your inner guide, so learn to trust it. If something does not feel right, chances are it is not.
7) DEVELOP A HEALTHY SELF CONCEPT : How you see yourself and how you feel about yourself will have a tremendous impact on your success in life and whether or not you fulfill your destiny. The truth is you will never rise above the image you have of yourself in your own mind. The mental image you have of yourself is stored in your subconscious and governs your beliefs, your perceptions and your performance. You have the ability to change the portrait you have of yourself and build a new one. A healthy self concept can be developed through self reflection, analysis and acceptance.
8) GET INTO THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT: Beware of associating with people who, through their negative outlook and attitudes will rob you of reaching for greater accomplishments. You tend to become like the people you associate, so learn to choose your friends and companions wisely. Choose to be in the company of people you want to emulate – like minded people who are positive, upbeat, joyful and successful.
9) SEEK MENTORSHIP: Find a mentor to guide you through the process and to help you see what you can not see. Mentorship can mean the difference between success and failure. You can not force yourself to change, but you can find the encouragement you need through a good support group, a coach and positive role models. Mentorship is a valuable resource for facilitating healing and personal growth. A good mentor provides an individual with ongoing support, constructive feedback and most importantly, personal accountability.
10) DISCOVER THE JOY OF GIVING: Society has taught us to look out for number one. The majority of people have adopted the “what's in it for me attitude.” When the focus is only on “self” we tend to focus on our problems and as a result, becoming depressed and discouraged. If you want your dreams to come to pass, help someone else fulfill their dreams. Be a blessing in someone else's life. Start sowing some seeds and you'll reap a harvest in your own life. If you miss this truth, you will miss the abundant, joy-filled life that you were created to experience.
As you follow these steps, you will find yourself naturally expressing and developing your God given talents, gifts and abilities that you bring into this world. You can only have a truly successful life when you live on purpose, know where you're going, and by developing your mental factors that will help get you there.